Monday, March 30, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
So, I have stopped smoking! yea! Thank God for Ice Water - it has been a life saver!
I have made the decision - not an easy feat for me!
So I suppose this is step 3!
And inbetween I have researched the hell out of gastric bypass!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
- Stop smoking - Today, March 11th, will be the day!
- Exercise - walk! - The doggies will enjoy as well!
- Chew chew - I do not chew my food as well as I should - nor as well as I will have to.
- No liquid with meals - 30 min b4 or after - just to get in the habit!
- No straw - This one is going to hurt --- my teeth
- No soda - I can do it! I do not want to ruin the surgery
- Small bites - again, now way I do this now!
- lower caffeine intake -
- Vitamins - need to take them EVERYDAY! !
- I want to be HEALTHY
- I want to Lower my BP
- I want to not become Diabetic
- I want my knees to stop hurting
- I want to Lower my Cholesterol
- I want to be more active
- I want to have more energy
- I want to go out west to see the mountains
- I want to hike and camp more
- I want to be able to ride rides at theme parks –I still might not – but I will be able to!
- I want to cross my legs - although not good for you!
- I want to be able to buy clothes anywhere
- I want pretty
- I want to know what I will look like thin
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
- something going terribly wrong during surgery
- having horrible side affects after surgery
- being judged for having the surgery
- I fear that I will not know what to think of me thin - I have always hidden behind my fat... it is time to come out from the fat - I came out of the closet - and that was way easier!
- Weight Regain
And not one I am taking lightly, but it is time. I go on March 17th to an information session with Bon Scours and I will go from there. I am looking at having the bypass surgery.
First and foremost I have made this decision for my weight. I am 42 years old and I have high BP, am pre-diabetic, and my joints have started to hurt - espicially my knees. I am 5'6" and 285#'s -- that is just too much!
I have been overweight forever! OK.. since i was 13 or so... but it sure seems like forever. It will be a thrill to see me thin!